My Many Musings

Having an online home for sharing thoughts, stories, and ideas makes me happy.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

DVD rentals

We are Netflix subscribers, so there is always something to watch on DVD at our house. Over the last few days we've seen two good movies, Glory Road and Eight Below. Interestingly, both are Disney films that celebrate characters who overcome an amazing obstacle. The formula is similar to that of Remember the Titans and, since it works, Disney seems to be sticking to it. I loved both movies for their ability to tug at my heartstrings and make me cheer for the underdogs (no pun intended there). They are a bit predictable, but they are refreshingly absent of gratuitous swearing and sex and still manage to hold the viewer's attention. Two thumbs up for each of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home