My Many Musings

Having an online home for sharing thoughts, stories, and ideas makes me happy.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Television

I do not cope well in the valley heat. Summer is almost painful for me because I just don't do well in high temperatures. Thank goodness we have air conditioning! I can stay inside most days and putter around the house, read, or watch television. Summer television is heating up, too. My reality show fever is in full force this summer with favorites old and new.

Favorite Returning Shows:
  • Big Brother - This "all-star" edition is great fun, especially with clever players Will, Danielle, James, and Janelle. I'm not sure who to root for, but I do like that group from last season.
  • Project Runway - Just when I was missing this show, they threw in an extra season. Make it work, Tim Gunn!
  • Hell's Kitchen - I'm not convinced that the candidates are as worthy as those on Top Chef from earlier this year, but it's still fun to watch Gordon Ramsay blow his top!
  • House Hunters International - We'll probably always live here, so it's fun to see the types and cost of housing in other parts of the world.
  • Rock Star: Supernova - I didn't see last season's show, so this is all new to me. My early favorites are Dilana, Toby & Storm.

New Favorites:

  • Treasure Hunters - This new show requires the participants to solve riddles in order to proceed in the game. It's a thinking man's Amazing Race.
  • Dream Drives - I don't think this is a new show, but I've only just discovered the gorgeous homes and neighborhoods touted on this show.
  • House of Boateng - Ozwald Boateng is a gifted fashion designer looking to expand in America. He clearly has a vision, and beautiful clothes!
  • Instant Beauty Pageant - I didn't think I would like this show, but it's kind of fun to watch the contestants get swept up in the madness of preparing for an instant pageant.

5 Comments:

Blogger freshdipt said...

PR is so good. I'm a HUGE fan of House of Boateng though too and since they've put the episodes onDemand, I've even found myself watching the episodes repeated times!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Erlyne said...

I think Project Runway is my favorite of them all. I love the frenzy and the fashion...and Tim Gunn is great!

House of Boateng is classy and interesting...much more relaxing than PR! I hope that the show helps Ozwald find great success here in the US!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Betsy Ann said...

Thanks for the comment! Blogging did help, actually! =)

You're right, summer t.v. is fun but I still prefer the fall lineup of my favorite shoes returning for a new season! Me and my mom both cried during the last episode of 7th Heaven several months ago! My writing always struggles during the first month of fall - Gilmore Girls and Smallville take precedence for a few weeks until I realize, once again, that I can tape the shows and watch them later =)

1:24 PM  
Blogger GeorgianaD said...

I haven't seen any of these yet. Do you ever watch Survivor? Sadly, we're addicted. Like Betsy, we also love 7th Heaven. I heard they're bringing it back for one more season.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Erlyne said...

I love Survivor and have watched every season so far. There is a new show coming on BBC America that is very much like Survivor called "Shipwrecked." I think it starts in a week or so, and I'm really looking forward to it. :o)

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home