My Many Musings

Having an online home for sharing thoughts, stories, and ideas makes me happy.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

This week I'm reading...


...Tied to the Tracks by Rosina Lippi. I've read so many British and NY chick lit books recently, I thought it was time to read something with a different setting. Tied to the Tracks is a charming story set in Ogilvie, Georgia. I love the way that the characters talk and their small town ways. Quick plot: Angie's documentary film company, Tied to the Tracks, comes to Ogilvie to work on a piece about Miss Zula, a respected writer-in-residence of prestigious Ogilvie College. Angie has mixed feelings about the project because she needs the work and is interested in the subject, but the chair of the English department at Ogilvie is, alas, a flame from her past. They did not end their relationship well and there remains, of course, some unresolved feelings between the two of them. He's about to marry a hometown girl...or is he? I can't speak to the ending of the book (yet), but so far I'm hooked!

Added July 25: I finished the book over the weekend. While I looked forward to Angie reconciling with the love of her life, other aspects of the storyline, including Miss Zula's big secret, were not as satisfying. I loved the comeuppance of the manipulative aunt (clever stuff)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home