My Many Musings

Having an online home for sharing thoughts, stories, and ideas makes me happy.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Babies

Babies are precious, especially in that 6-9 month range. While I was at the pediatrician's office with Supersport the other day, I watched many babies come and go. Some were cuddled against their parents. Others relaxed in their turbo strollers. A few cried from inside the immunization station. All of them were adorable.

I feel as if I'm surrounded by babies and baby news lately. I've been to 2 baby showers in the last few weeks. Today I found out that a former student teacher is expecting her first baby. It seems odd to have so many people around me having babies when my own baby is closing in on adulthood. Yes, I'm getting a bit misty here. I guess I'm seeing the signs that my life is moving on and it feels strange.

Have you been faced with any interesting signs lately?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

My baby dropped out of university halfway through his course. He is currently living at home, unemployed.

Just when you think you've got rid of/losing them, they come back. Sure as eggs is eggs!

And I'm a mum again!

2:44 PM  
Blogger GeorgianaD said...

Babies ARE wonderful! But your child will always be your baby, even as an adult. Something God has been showing me lately is to enjoy the season of life I'm in, and that each season has its own rewards:)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home